TMI Warning...
For the past 10 cycles or so, I've had some brownish spotting a day or two before AF really starts. I've always heard not to count the first cycle day until there is red flow, so I haven't counted these spotty days. Most months, my LP has been around 12-14 days. I know this is supposed to be the same each month, but I suppose my O day could have been a little off some months since my temps are not always reliable.
Anywho, I wasn't expecting AF until Friday (well, I was hoping to ward her off for the next nine months, but ...), and my temp had only dropped a hair yesterday. I felt fine--no killer cramps like usual, so imagine my surprise when I went to the restroom before bed to discover a nice brown spot staining my new undies. For a moment, I froze. I honestly didn't know what to do. I finally snapped out of my stupor, put in a panty liner, and cried myself to sleep. (Yes, I had to explain to DH what took me so long in the bathroom--he thought I was sick or something.) Fast forward now to this morning. Still, no cramps, which is TOTALLY not like me. My first two days of a typical AF, I do not even want to be around humans at all. I want to lie curled up in a little ball and sleep away the hours until I can take more pain killers. So, I thought maybe I just imagined the whole thing. I went to the restroom before jumping in the shower, and there was really just enough on the pantyliner to let me know it was there. It was still mostly brown, "dirty-looking." After my shower, I decided to play it safe and go ahead and wear a tampon to work today, so I wouldn't have a mess to clean up later. (Plus, I don't have the luxury of going to the restroom any time I want during the day.) I contemplated taking some pain reliever before I left home as a preventive measure, but decided against it since I wasn't actually hurting at all.
I stayed very busy today, even during my break, so I didn't make it to the restroom (which is not uncommon) until I got home this afternoon. Despite the lack of cramps, I was still expecting somewhat of a mess. I was quite surprised to see my (MAJOR TMI) almost-stark-white-yet-used tampon. There was barely anything there at all, and I had worn it all day long! What gives?!?!?! I reverted to the pantyliner and will see what happens. I just don't understand this.
To make matters worse, I went to the office today to give something to our school secretary, and she was on her cell phone talking to her daughter. She's pregnant (the daughter), and they were sending her to the hospital for an induction because her blood pressure is a little high. I just about lost it. Luckily, I made it back to my classroom before I had a major meltdown. I spent the last 25 minutes of my planning time sobbing in my room. (I was grateful that my students didn't notice my red eyes when they returned from art class.)
So, I hope your day was better than mine. I wish I knew what was going on with me. I just want to move on and start all over. I wish AF would just STOP playing tricks!
Love and hugs,









2 comments:
Stupid AF! I hope she does stay away for 9 mos!
My period would do that too sometimes. It would like a week for the actual flow to start. Ugg.
Post a Comment