Thursday, January 7, 2010

Gotta Love a Snow Day!

Well, I'm home all by my lonesome today. I went back to work on Monday after a two-week Christmas break, but a winter storm caused school to be cancelled for the day. My students were very excited about the potential "day off," but it was my duty as their teacher to try and keep order and curb that excitement for three whole days this week. (This has been forecast for several days now--and it is acutally not nearly as bad as once predicted. So far, I've not accomplished much around the house; but I did manage to get my workout done already, so at least I've been productive, right?

DH took my car to work (since his Mu.st.ang doesn't like the snow), so I'm homebound. It's looking like we're about to get another round, too, so I might just be stuck here tomorrow, too.

So, lately, DH has been entertaining the idea of adding on to our house. I think it's nuts, but he says it is an "investment." I don't know why in the world we need more space. Our house, first of all, is not old--I built it in '05. Secondly, it's not tiny. We don't live in a mansion, mind you, but we have 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. And it doesn't look like we're going to be filling those bedrooms anytime soon. But I digress...last night while I was getting ready for bed, he said, "Can you bring a notebook with you when you come to bed?" Seems an odd request. Forget the nightie...we're playing hangman!? Turns out he just wanted to show me his sketched out ideas for our new "additions." I did not squash the idea, but I apparently was less than enthusiastic about the whole project. If only I had a reason to believe we'd be needing extra bedrooms...

In other news, I'm on CD15, about to O any time now (probably within the next couple of days--day 16 seems to be my norm lately). I was remaining optimistic this cycle until this week hit. We've hardly had any BD time at all. I know this is just going to lead to an argument, too. This is how I picture it will go: by Saturday, we will have managed to find some of that "connection" time, but DH will figure out where we are in the cycle. Then he'll say something like, "Well, we could have tried more, but you never seemed interested." or "Well, you didn't tell me it was the crucial time!" Yeah! On purpose, too! If I tell him what cycle day we're on, there's too much pressure. He says that's not the problem, that there isn't "pressure," but I think that's exactly why we have a hard time when he has all the facts.

*****Possible TRIGS*****
On last thing...I recently signed up for an email coupon program sponsored by our local news program. Each Wednesday, they send a collection of special coupons to your inbox for area businesses. Yesterday was the first installment of the program, and I, the unsuspecting consumer, opened the mail without thinking about the possiblity of emotional triggers. As I scrolled down the page, I was not suprised to see coupons for food, oil changes, tires, etc. Normal "coupon mint" type stuff, right? Imagine my surprise to see this coupon tucked in the corner of the page:




Wow! Now, if I needed this service, I'd certainly appreciate this coupon. But, as a woman struggling with IF, I found it to be a slap in the face. I did not express this to DH, who would only say I am overreacting, but I couldn't keep the tears from stinging my eyes as I quickly closed this email message and tried to distract myself with dinner preparations. Am I overly sensitive? Probably. But these guys need a lesson in sensitivity. Maybe I'm the one to teach it to them. I think they just might get a piece of my mind before this SNOW DAY is over!

I suppose I should end this post on a positive note. DH and I have been married for two and a half years today. He's put up with me every single day for the past 30 months. I never would have believed that we'd have spent 28 of those months trying to expand our family....with absolutely no luck. I suppose I'll hold out hope for the 3 year mark...

Hope everyone is staying warm!

Love and Hugs,

1 comments:

Erin said...

Happy anniversary!!

Lol, hangman instead of bedding!!