Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Trying to take it a day at a time…

So, I’ve tried really hard not to make our TTC efforts the focus of my blog entries, but let’s face it: this topic consumes my every waking thought, so why not this too, huh? I would love to be able to share some of the antics of my fifth graders, but those are never the stories that pop in my head when I sit down to write. I know I only have a few readers, so please forgive me if I “write like no one is reading,” but this blogging thing can be very therapeutic. So, while I’m on the subject…I’m on CD 28, 12dpo, and not a spot in sight. I’m trying not to be too anxious about it, but it’s hard. I’m trying hard to distract myself, and trying my best to hold out until Saturday to test.

I intend to do a better job at blogging. (Yeah, I know...you've read that here before. But I mean it this time, really!) I don’t want to look back at it in a year and wonder why all of my posts seem so whiny. I’m not a complainer by trade. As a matter of fact, that was one of my husband’s earliest gripes about my personality—I don’t readily share how I’m feeling.

We may never get out of school this year! We have had ten snow days so far! That’s about twice what we normally miss in an entire winter season. In fact, we haven’t gone to school for an entire 5-day week since Christmas break. As a kid, I loved snow days. As a teacher, I hate them. Sure, they’re nice every once in a while, but I dread making them all up. Plus, it’s very difficult to have any continuity in teaching when you keep starting and stopping all the time. It seems like I have to keep reviewing things over and over because of all the unexpected breaks. If only we could have class online…

Well, maybe it won’t take me a month to update again. I hope everyone is doing well (and staying warm!).


Love and hugs,

1 comments:

Steph said...

I can imagine that the stop & go would not be conducive to learning. I was born in WI & we lived there until I was almost 12. The school system there did a cool thing- they planned for snow days & if all weren't used, the kids got out early. Sure beats staying in later in the year! We've had so much snow here this year (live in SC now), they're talking about making the kids do Saturdays!

What grade do you teach? :)