Saturday, August 22, 2009

Happy...what day?

Okay, so if you didn't already think I was crazy, you're sure going to by the end of this post. Today, DH and I will celebrate 777 days of wedded bliss. Why is that significant? Well, you might remember that we got married on 07/07/07. Now, I'm not just some psycho with nothing better to do than count the number of days she's been married. (Although that does sound like me--my dad was a banker when I was little, and we counted things together all the time.) Anyway, when we were engaged, I set up a page on "TheKnot.com" and it counted down the days until the wedding. After the wedding, it changed to say "Newlyweds for ... days," increasing every day. It didn't really dawn on me until I saw it hit 500 days that day number 777 would be a good day to celebrate.

Thus, today's "festivities." If you can call them that. We're dieting, you know. (He's lost 45 pounds, me--18.) We're semi-splurging by having lunch at Quizno's after our workout this morning, then going to the movies. (I think we're going to see "The Ha.ng.ov.er" For some reason, my italics isn't working--sorry, I know this isn't the correct punctuation.) Then, we'll round out the day with a trip to the hardware store in search of a new shower head, pick up a few things at Wa.l-Ma.rt, and a trip to the grocery store before getting home to cook dinner and baby-sit our 5-year-old niece. Romantic devil, huh? Oh, well. It's more "date" than I got for our real anniversary.

I dread watching our niece. Don't get me wrong, I love my nieces and nephew dearly, and I love seeing them. But when we baby-sit, there's a part of me that just can't help being reminded that both of his brothers have successfully done something I have thus far been unable to do--reproduce. And it isn't fair. They both want to run around like teenagers doing what "they" want to do, not thinking about the fact that they have these precious children to take care of.

But I'm not bitter. *sigh*

Our dinner theater is next weekend. I love the theater. I can't explain the adrenaline rush I feel when I'm on stage. Our friends from Kno.xvi.lle are coming down on Friday night for the play on Saturday. I'm excited to see them. They're two of about 5 people on this earth who know we are TTC, and it just helps having someone to talk to sometimes. They're about to begin the journey themselves. Part of me wishes them better luck than I'm having, and part of me won't be able to stand it if they get pg before us. Why does my brain work this way?

Hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend!



Much love,

1 comments:

elephantscanremember said...

Congrats on your 777 days of wedded bliss!