Sunday, January 4, 2015

Roller coasters

I love roller coasters-just not the emotional kind.  And boy, it seems like I've sure been on one lately.  It seems like I can cry at the drop of a hat these days. Christmas Eve was especially bad. I can't pinpoint anything that triggered it, but I battled the waterworks all morning.  Made gift sorting and mascara application extremely difficult. We rearranged Lincoln's bedroom to try and give him more play space.  We talked about possibly moving the rocking chair out to give him more room.  *Cue tears.  J said it was dumb, but I just hate the thought of no more babies to rock.  It makes me so very sad.  Selfish, I know.  I just never pictured myself with an only child.  And I know what a burden it is for an only when your parents age and/or are ill.  

Pity party over.  

School starts back tomorrow.  I hope I have lesson plans.  I made several failed attempts to retrieve my documents from home to see (and create if needed), but Lincoln and J have both been sick the past few days, so I couldn't actually go to school to check.  I can wing it tomorrow if need be.  I've done it before.  Here's to Monday...

1 comments:

Suzanna said...

Getting busy often helps with the emotional roller coaster, gets your mind off things. I find reading books helps even better because then I can fall into a fictional world and not think about mine for a while. Not that either of those things actually "help" with what we're really struggling with... sometimes it's just nice to ignore our feelings... *hugs*