Wednesday, July 30, 2014

So what do you do...

...on the day after you find out your family is most likely done growing?  Well, I spent the day with Lincoln soaking up the last day of my summer break.  We went to the movies (there is a $1 kids' movie each Tuesday and Wednesday), then we went to the mall and rode the carousel.  We had lunch at Chik-fil-a and ended with a long nap (for Lincoln) at home.  I guess I'll love him a little harder now and try to make as many memories as I can.  After all, the ones we are building now are for me-he won't remember. But I hope he never doubts my love for him. 

Thanks Jen and Suzanna for your thoughts.  I appreciate your taking the time to comment. This is such a powerful community of supporters.  Maybe it's not as plentiful as it once was-or maybe I'm just out of the loop since I've crossed over-but I will never forget what it was like and I hope my story helps others someday.

3 comments:

Charlotte said...

I had to go back and see if I missed a post from you...oh sweetie I am so sorry!! What happened that made you come to that conclusion?? And your last lines sound like you are done blogging?? Big, huge hugs to you!! Xoxoxo

Suzanna said...

He may not consciously remember these days, but unconsciously these days will help shape him for the rest of his life. You'll teach him how to love, trust, obey, respect, care, and so much more. I'm sure Lincoln will end up more spoiled than you originally planned, just as Jax was more spoiled before Lincoln came around, but I think that'll be alright, don't you? *hugs*

And a random piece of advice, no matter what you look like don't always hide behind the camera, Lincoln will enjoy seeing who he spent his time with. Old every day kind of pictures with parents are some of the best I've ever found.

E and R said...

I'm so sorry to read about the failed cycle. It is so hard to let go of the picture we have in mind for the completion of our families.
Enjoy the time with Lincoln he may not remember the activities but he will remember the love!