Sunday, December 8, 2013

On Jealousy

So, I'm not really sure how clearly I've explained the relationship between Jax and Lincoln.  Jax was my first "baby."  We got him in the middle of our fresh IVF cycle, November 2011, when he was just 3 months old. He instantly captured my heart, even though I was hesitant to agree to get him.  Before him, I was not what one might call a "dog person."  (Jax is our miniature schnauzer.)

Lincoln adores Jax.  He has since his eyes would focus.  He giggles when Jax barks, tries to throw him tennis balls, and would love to pet him freely.  (He also loves it when puppies kiss on him and sits still for it given the chance.). Bottom line, he loves his "big brother."

It is not mutual.  At all.

Jax guards his food if Lincoln is "loose."  He literally stands over it and growls if Lincoln gets close by.  He runs from Lincoln, won't stay in a lap if Lincoln walks nearby, and growls if that sweet little hand tries to touch him.  

BUT...Jax does eat the food Lincoln drops (intentionally, most of the time) in the floor, he runs for the thrown tennis balls, and he angrily lets strangers know that they are dangerously close to his "little brother."  I think he doesn't want anything to do with him, but you had better not mess with him.  Typical brother relationship.  

It's cute, really...incredibly annoying, but cute.  Jealous butt!

0 comments: