Sunday, April 14, 2013

On Exercise

Before we tried IVF, we spent much time and effort getting healthier. J lost over 100 pounds, and I lost around 45. We counted calories, went for walks together, and exercised using Wii programs regularly (3-4 times/week).

Then we decided to give IVF a try. While I continued to attempt to count calories (until we got pregnant...then, in between pregnancies), I gave up the more intense exercise and resorted to walks. Occasionally. When the weather cooperated (because I HATE the treadmill).

Now, I'm so disgusted with myself and the fact that I have some weight I'd like to shed, but I can't seem to find time to exercise. When do working moms of infants do it? It's starting to get warmer, so maybe Lincoln and I can go for walks right after school...but I don't know if dinner will still be ready by 5:00...

For now, I guess I'll still have to skip the aerobics. I can't get up earlier...lunch is 20 minutes...and I will NOT sacrifice play time with the child I worked so hard to get here. He won't remember me playing with him right now...but I will.

Oh, and because I'm terribly behind on pictures, here's one from Easter.

1 comments:

Suzanna said...

Enjoy playing with Lincoln as much as you can, I'm sure he's already growing up too fast =)