I wrote down a couple of quotes this week from my fifth graders. Ya know, for my book. (Not really, but that's what I told my kiddos when they asked why I was writing them down.). Too funny not to share...
1). we were talking about U.S. territories and I was making the point that we still have some of them and others are now ruled by other countries. We were looking at a map, and a little boy asked, Mrs. Angie, did the Girl Scouts start in American Samoa, 'cause you know, they've got that cookie?"
2.). I really don't know how this conversation got started, but we were talking about things that seemed impossible. A student asked me if anything was impossible, and when I told him that truthfully, some things were, he said, "Yeah, like stapling water to a tree!"
Just wanted to remember these, so I thought I'd share.
Sunday, March 24, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
Those are funny!!!
One of my favorite quotes from my high school teaching days:
"France can't be in Europe! Europe is its own country!"
And that was by a high school junior!
Stapling water to a tree??? Oh goodness I suppose that is impossible.... lol
Post a Comment