Two years ago today, our sweet peanut was conceived. He, along with 9 "siblings" survived the 5 days until transfer...and then most of them were frozen. I've thought a lot today about the hope we had after our retrieval. There was a lot of heartache between then and now, but we came out on the other side stronger for it. It doesn't make me a better mom for it, but it sure makes me a thankful one.
On a lighter note, my brother and I were talking about this, and I mentioned that J and I would have to come up with a good response for when Lincoln asks us, "Where did I come from?" Of course, it will all depend on how old he is, but we decided this will be a kicka$$ Two-Truths-and-a-Lie statment. (Not in the fifth grade, of course...) "I was frozen for a year." Or even, "My brother/sister is two years younger than I am [purely hypothetical], but we were conceived on the same day." (This one hinges on whether or not our final transfer is successful.)
Now that things are settling into more of a routine, I hope to be a better blog friend. I say that a lot. Please know that I am reading daily. I just don't always get around to commenting. That's what I hope to improve.
Sunday, November 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comments:
"but we were concieved on the same day" That could be quite a story to tell. lol
Post a Comment