Wednesday, November 21, 2012

How to Feel Productive

Two posts in one day.  Some kind of record...at least for 2012.  I'll admit, I started the last one a few days ago.  Just never got to finish it.  I had more bulleted items in my head when I started it, but alas, they are now gone. 

We didn’t have school today.  I’ve never completely understood why we don’t, but I’m just going to be thankful for this extra day off.  I looked so forward to it so I could get caught up and snuggle with my little peanut.  Yeah, that’s not happening so much.

Here’s my “To-Do List” for the day:
      1.        Make to do list
      2.       Laundry
      3.       Snuggle with Lincoln * marked off, but will likely be done again
      4.       Snuggle with Jax
      5.       fold laundry from baskets
      6.       put away luggage and sort gifts from vacation (never mind it was in OCTOBER)
      7.       give Lincoln bath
      8.       photo shoot for Christmas card  (I tried...does that count?)
      9.       work on gifts for co-workers
     10.   blog

I don’t know what in the world made me think I’d get all 10 things done today.  So far, I’ve managed to cross off #1, 3, 4, and 10.  Laundry is more than half done.  Photo shoot was an epic fail.  I’m going to need some help with that one.  The bath WILL get done before church tonight, even if that means no dinner (of course, so far, there hasn’t been lunch either and it’s already after 1:00).
Suzy Homemaker over here decided to make gifts for my fellow 5th grade teachers for Christmas this year.  (Sorry…I can’t share just yet—some of them read my blog sometimes.)  I have gathered most of the materials (just waiting on one more things…I think) and have them ready to assemble.  I just need some time to myself and quiet.  I am a quiet worker.  I need silence, and there’s not a lot of that going around.  Maybe in the middle of the night…

That leaves #5 and #6.  I’m hoping Lincoln will stay “entertained” by his Baby Einstein musical whatever-that-thing-is-called long enough for me to fold the towels and underwear in the basket.  I’m already going to have to re-wet my hair so I won’t scare people at church tonight.  Gee, how do moms get things done?  I admire you all.
I’ll leave you with some outtakes from my attempt at a Christmas card picture.

After a couple of pics, Jax had had enough and he left...
 
 

...to go pout.


Santa's little helper says Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!

1 comments:

Suzanna said...

Love your list. Every time I have off I think the same thing about catching up on stuff.... never really seems to happen. lol. I'm always trying to convince Jared at the end of the day (and occastionally myself) that I got something done, even if it doesn't look like I did...

I hope you'll share with all of us what your Christmas gift idea er whatever is after you hand them out! Last year I did great making hot coco mix for so many people... This year... we'll see. It's on the todo list, lol.

Oh and last but definitely not least.... Your son is adorable!!!