Monday, August 16, 2010

Wow, that was fast!

So, we bit the bullet last night and filled out the new patient forms to set up housekeeping at the RE's office.  *grin*  All five forms.  Plus the "survey of medical and genetic disorders in your family" form (each of us), AND the release of medical records form so my OB/GYN can send a copy of all the stuff I've already had done.  I figured I might hear from them in about a week.  Nope.  I was wrong.  When I got in the car this afternoon and turned on my cell phone (they're a no-no, you know, at school), I heard the familiar *ding* that usually lets me know when my SIL hasn't paid her bills that my SIL hasn't changed her phone number with a LOT of businesses she's dealt with.  (Long story...condensed version = I somehow now have her old cell phone number.)  Surprise, surprise!  The message was for me.  And the person on the other end of the call sounded like we were old friends.  "Hi, Angie!  This is N-- from NFC.  Holler at me when you have a chance.  I'm at (insert phone number), option 2.  Have a great afternoon!"  I returned the call as soon as I got home, but got her voicemail.  So now, I suppose, we're playing phone tag.  (My least favorite game.)  Now, I realize that this is just the new patient appointment coordinator I've dealt with, but if everybody else is as friendly as this lady seems to be, I think I'll at least feel a little less awkward about the entire situation.

I think I'm going to have to come out of the infertility closet with my 5th grade team very soon.  I've got over 100 sick days built up, and if I have to start missing for treatments, they're going to know something is up.  I think it's better to be up front with it all than to have them worry about me later.  (They'll definitely think something is wrong.)  I wish I worked with all of you, dear readers, so that I'd know for sure my work buddies would understand.  I'm a little scared to tell them.  We don't talk about such things here in May.berry.  (I don't really live in May.berry, but my hometown is about as smalltown U.S.A. as you can get.)  I used to work with a gentleman who now has 3 beautiful children thanks to IVF, but he left our school to be a principal at another school. 

Construction seems to go in cycles--we'll move along at a nice clip for a couple of days, then come to an abrupt halt for a few more.  They're nearly finished bricking the outside, and I tried very hard to determine whether they'd done anything inside today or not.  It doesn't look like it to me, other than set a bucket of water way too close to our carefully placed boxes of laminate.  What's it for?  Beats me.  Nevertheless, here are the most recent pics of our progress. 


They messed up my pretty garage floor.  The worst part is that now we track drywall dust into the kitchen every time we go in and out.  Yuck!


MIL bedroom/closet


Family room (this used to be the garage)












MIL living room/kitchenette....my, my they've made a mess!


Upstairs storage room.  It just so happens we plan to "store" a bedroom suit up there.  (But if we call it a bedroom, we have to add more lateral lines to our septic system.)


Bricking on the end of the house is finished...


...but the back still lacks a few days' work. 

Hope you had a fabulous Monday.

Hugs and baby dust,

4 comments:

Kitty said...

Lookin' good! I'm sure you can't wait until it's finished (I can't either!) :)

Good luck with the RE!! The place I was going to go to was super friendly on the phone too. I think they must know how hard it is for us. I hope everyone there is as nice as the receptionist.

Cathy Sanspree said...

I wish you the best of luck with the IVF venture. I found all the staff at NFC to be very friendly. The only thing that was a little hard to get over was the phone tag. Get used to it. You will always leave a message and have them call you back (which they are very prompt about). I understand why they do it (so they can have your chart available when you talk) but it does get a little annoying.

Again, I wish you both the best and please let me know if you would like to ever talk about our experiences.

Misty Dawn said...

JMO I'd go through a couple of appt's before I spilled the beans to your coworkers. They prob will not understand.

Erin said...

Good luck Angie!! I will be following your IVF journey.

It is so hard when you have to take days off from work for this. It is even harder to make the decision of whether or not you want to tell them why.