Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Tag...I win!

Well, after playing phone tag since Monday, I finally got in touch with Naomi at NFC.  (I know, I know...short amount of time in the grand scheme of things.)  She told me that it was nice to finally get to talk to me.  :-)  It appears that they have received all of my paperwork, and they've already received my medical records as well. 

Then came time to schedule the first appointment.  I was expecting October...September if I'm lucky.  We have a day off in September for professional development, but our schools never host anything, so I was really kind of crossing my fingers for that.  So, imagine my surprise when she says, "I've got a few slots for next week.  Or did you want to push it further out?"  What?!?!  Next week?  Trying to hide my astonishment, I quickly respond with, "No, next week is probably okay.  What do you have open?"  We're going for our initial consult at 1:15 next Wednesday.  I could have had an earlier appointment that day, but J and I can both squeeze in a half-day of work if we go at 1:15.  Wow. 

This doesn't seem real.  When we first started trying, I knew very little about IVF.  That was something other people did.  Something I would never do.  It just wouldn't get that far.  I could never do it--not because I felt it was wrong, but  because it cost a lot of money, etc.  Now, that is my reality.  I can't believe this might actually happen for us.  I'm trying not to put the cart before the horse.  This doesn't mean anything, I know.  It just means I'm trying everything I can.  And that's what it's all about.

Hugs and baby dust,

3 comments:

Samantha said...

Angie I am so happy that you're appointment is so soon! I can't wait to hear the plan!

elephantscanremember said...

Yay! I am glad you're getting to make progress. That was very quick!

Musewander said...

So excited for you! It's amazing how great it feels knowing that you're being proactive about exploring every option available to you -- and just the sheer FACT that IVF success rates are so much higher than the other treatments was a huge comfort to us when we started with IVF back in March. It's not as bad as it sounds, trust me. Although shots aren't fun, they're not terrible -- and I had a MUCH worse time dealing w/ the side-effects of Clomid and Femara than I ever did with any side effects of my suppression or stimulation shots... Just think, a round of IVF only lasts for a limited amount of time. You can do it--you can get through it. Just focus on the desired outcome, and you'll be able to handle anything.
Praying everything goes well for you! Keep us posted~