Saturday, December 22, 2012

On This & That

I can hardly believe that Christmas is upon us. A year ago at this time, we were preparing to tell our families that Lincoln was on his way. We were battling with the mail-order pharmacy and wrapping some very special last-minute gifts because I refused to do so before the third beta.

This year, we are preparing to celebrate with our precious 4 month old. He makes every day better. May he never lose his spirit-even so young, he always seems so happy. He's truly been a blessing.

I haven't wanted to leave him over the past week, and thankfully I haven't had to since Tuesday. I've tried to distance my thoughts from the CT tragedy because I feel it from every angle. As a parent, I grieve for the ones who lost their children. My very first thoughts when I heard were about any whose children were as hard fought for as mine. Statistically, the answer is likely yes, even if it was not to the same extreme. Though it makes it no more tragic, my heart shattered a million times over for those parents. As a teacher, I am deeply saddened by my fallen comrades, but have never been more proud to share a profession with heroes I've never met. I only hope that I could stay as calm and reassuring if faced with similar adversities.

I pray that my own students know how much I live them. I try to tell them daily, but I know it doesn't always sink in.

I had some pictures to share, but it really doesn't seem appropriate anymore. I'll save them for another post.

Until next time, hugs and love...

0 comments: